Sunday, December 1, 2013

When a Friend Came to Town

During  the second week of November, I was lucky enough to have one of my best friends from college come and visit me in Madrid for a long weekend. Since my friend had never been to Spain, I was happy to serve as his tourist guide. My plan was to jam pack all the best tourist attractions into his mini vacation. Here is the itinerary I came up with: 

Top tourist attractions to see in Madrid:
  • Palacio Real
  • Plaza de España 
  • Catedral de Almudena
  • Plaza Mayor
  • Retiro Park
  • Plaza del Sol
  • Callao
  • Plaza de Cibeles
  • Plaza De Castilla
  • Puerta de Alcalá
  • Cuatro Torres
  • Bankia Realia Rascacielos
  • Arco de la Victoria
  • Estadio Bernabéu
  • Gran Vía
  • Templo de Debod
  • Atocha
  • Universidad Pontifica de Comillas
  • El Corte Ingles
Top Tourist things to do in Madrid
  • Rent a row boat in Retiro park
  • Soak up the sun on the Terraza on top of the Circulo de Bellas Artes
  • Drink a glass of Estrella de Galicia beer 
  • Eat Tapas- especially croquetas which I love
  • Eat at Museo de Jamón
  • Go to a discoteca
  • Eat Churros con Chocolate
  • Ride the Teleferico
  • Take a stroll through the plazas/parks and watch the many street minstrels/performers
  • Sip Rioja at an outdoor cafe
  • Eat jamon Serrano and jamon iberico with fresh baked bread
  • Shop at el Rastro
  • Visit el Museo del Prado during free evening hours
  •  Meet all my wonderful friends
Here are some pictures from that touristy weekend. Enjoy!