Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Me Gusta Comer!

One thing I have not talked about enough is the FOOD! The food in Spain is FANTASTIC, DELICIOUS and just plain YUMMY! There are so many places where you can eat; ranging from different local bars with tapas to just regular restaurants. Here are a few tapas places I highly recommend if you are in Madrid.


  •       El Tigre –One drink = free tapas!
  •       100 Montaditios
  •       Granada – located in Cuatro Caminos
  •       Taquería mi Cuidad
  •       Casa Alberto – restaurant where Cervantes wrote half of Don Quixote
  •       Fosters - "American" style food  

Additionally, there is one place in particular that I have patronized that I absolutely love, that is, El Mercado de San Miguel, a gourmet food market situated near la Plaza Mayor. The food here is phenomenal. They have everything from paella, burgers, sushi to sangria and seafood. I have been quite adventurous with my palate while in Spain. At El Mercado of San Miguel I have tried so many delicious new foods like oysters and sea urchin. Enjoy the photos!









I would  like to give a special shout out, a mi amiga espanola, Maria, for being the first person I have ever seen eat a hamburger with a fork and knife!!!





Chao for now!